Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stuff

The official entries are now closed for World Masters Indoors yet you can still sign up and pay a late fee. My friend Kirk Bentz and I have been entered a long time but I see our buddy, Bill Murray, is also entered now. Bill was 2nd at US Indoors, Outdoors and World Masters in Lahti, Finland last year, but more importantly, he won the decathlon in Finland is well. He is a tremendous athlete. Bill's best vault is 3.95m (12' 11 1/2") so there could be a realistic argument that we could possibly sweep the medals. We're a long way from there but it's nice to have three M55 guys over 13'.

Back to reality - my biceps seems to be getting better pretty fast which I expected. I'll still take it easy with no bars and reduced weights for the rest of the week. Today will be 50 and tomorrow will be 56 so I will run one or both days since the next three days will be between 22 and 32.

To clarify about the cold, I hate the cold but it doesn't bother me to run. What I dislike the most about it is that I can't vault at a high level without risking injury so it almost feels like a wasted day. Just so you understand that I'm not complaining about the weather like a whiner; just how it limits what I can do.

That's it for now. I'll report back when I figure out my adjusted schedule. Have a fun day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment