Monday, February 22, 2010

As Time Goes By

Strange thing about pulling out of a meet that you were training hard for; that sense of now what? Of course I continue on with my training but my mind has no real direction other than getting the most out of every set and rep of running and lifting.

We leave a week from tomorrow for Kamloops so I'll get nine good days of training before a nine day break. Until I get back, there will be no vaulting, no bars, no cleans, no lat pulls or anything else that I know flares the healing. I can still do a lot as evidenced by my 27,135 lbs. lifted today. I'm trying to get excited about the prospect of jumping at Boston but it's too early to know if that's even a reality. I feel like it will be but ...

The bottom line is that I'm passing time until I go on vacation. I'm working hard and focused but there's no real goal other than that until I get home and I'm not used to that. Then I'll give it a week of regular training and maybe add in vaulting the following week. Maybe not. I wouldn't hesitate to go to Boston without jumping and use my smaller 14' 1" (4.30m) poles and start low. That just isn't good enough for Worlds.

I'm getting my poles from Kris on Friday so I can tape them all and start doing pole runs from longer approach runs on the biggest one. I have a meet the 3rd weekend of April and May and in those I want to come out only on my 14' 7" (4.45m) poles. We will have to wait and see how that goes.

That's it for now. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment