Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Progress

I had my appointment with my new doctor (chiropractor) today at 9:45 so I hit the gym at 8 to get my lift in. At the 10 day mark I was able to do high P-Bar inversions without my 5 lb. ankle weights with no pain. It took me three weeks to get to this point before. My arm lifts were back up to nearly 90% as well so I think momentum is swinging my way. We leave three weeks from today and I jump three weeks from Friday so based on my gym session I feel like I will be ready. THEN I went to my doctor appointment.

Dr. Clouthier practices AK (Applied Kinesiology). Unlike a physician, physical therapist or a chiropractor, he looks at the body as a system and not just the part that's bothering you. He assessed several areas where muscles were "shut off" or not firing at the right time. He did muscle tests where I went from totally weak to being able to provide great resistance in a just a few minutes each. Some muscles came back on quickly and others took more work but when I left I could stride down the hall with no catch in my hamstring and my bicep felt normal. He said that when I got jerked off the ground in Belton that it knocked my bicep tendon off track. He did some maneuvers and had me rotate my shoulder slowly while he put a lot of sliding pressure with this thumbs along the tendon. I felt it snap back in place and suddenly I was about 40 lbs. stronger in the position I could not resist from just three minutes before. He did not put much pressure on the right hamstring but noticed that the left was the one turned off so he worked on that while putting cold laser on my right to breakdown the scar tissue catch. Ten minutes later I could stride in the hall without the catch. I see why they call him "Voodoo Doctor". GREAT experience and I see him again tomorrow. The tentative plan is to jump at a low level on Friday as he feels I did very little damage to my bicep, hence my quick return to strength. He thinks it was "off" because it was knocked out of it's track.

That's it for today. Off to do an easy running workout and help Coach Dueitt with the kids. Bubba

1 comment:

  1. I think i'd like to visit this doc...

    Cheers to the good news though! I see big bars in your future... haha.

    ReplyDelete