Saturday, February 27, 2010

Big Meet Today

Today is The Woodlands High School Invitational. TWHS is where I train and help out Coach Robbie Dueitt. Girls go at 10 and guys to follow. Beautiful day with the temps to be in the low 60s and clear.

Me & Robbie
I'm starting to REALLY feel good. Lifting the last two days has felt very powerful yet well within myself - bench and deep squat = 225 (102.2 kg). Today I even caught myself picking up the 45 lb (22 kg) plate with my right hand and slinging it up to the bar. Last week that would have ripped my bicep. Today I didn't feel it. As soon as I noticed it I backed off and used the other hand to help. I have no desire to test it or antagonize it at all. Still two more lifting sessions and one running session before I leave so I will be super careful.

The OLD me of a few weeks ago would be planning to jump at Kamloops. After all, it is the World Indoor Championships. Reality says I've tried this before and it didn't work. Nothing has changed in that I can make 3.70m (12' 1 1/2") and maybe 3.80m (12' 5 1/2") but it's going to get re-injured so why risk it when I will only get well if I leave it alone when it starts to feel good. Stick with the plan and try to get to Boston totally well. I'm really starting to feel that is going to happen. Hope you have a great weekend!! Bubba

Oh, BTW - It's like Christmas for me as my six new poles came in yesterday so I will see them this morning for the first time. I'll bring them home and measure/tape them. Have fun. I will! B

No comments:

Post a Comment