Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Clear Skies

Lifting day in the garage today in about 30 minutes. Nice - 54 and clear. Pretty sore from the "massage" yesterday but need to get moving around. Big running and lift day tomorrow.

At lunch yesterday Don says he thinks I should warm up and plan on trying to jump on a borrowed pole at whatever height I think it takes to medal. The way I feel today I don't think that's smart. I give it 5% chance that happens as I'm trying to focus on Boston.

Although I'm so sore from yesterday that it makes me wonder if I would even be ready by Boston. I'm sure that is an overreaction but I'll play it by ear. I've got my flight and I'm entered but I haven't bothered with the hotel yet. Nancy wants to stay at the Sheraton at Prudential and the meet hotel is the Back Bay Doubletree so I should be able to get into the Sheraton.

Kris is shipping my poles to me today rather than me driving the three hours each way Friday. Ashley is in The Woodlands on Monday and Friday so I would rather get my massage here than drive back into the city. I was going to Kris Friday but I have Ashley at 9.

I'm trying as hard as I can to be optimistic but I hate being in "no man's land" where you are well enough to train but can't consider jumping. It will almost be easier when we go on the trip on Tuesday. Then I'm on a forced rest, vacation mode. Until then I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other and complete quality workouts. Thanks for being here and have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment