Sunday, February 7, 2010

Questions

Mike's comment about not thinking and just vaulting are exactly correct for a meet. For me I have almost always done well at big meets because I have answered all of the "what if" questions in advance. My first eight of my nine years in the business world was with a small Wall Street think tank where the rule was always to know the answers to questions before others even know they are questions. Now with 23 years on the business side of healthcare I do the same thing. I guess it should be no surprise that I got this mentality from vaulting. I study and plan and adjust constantly, but when it's time to go to the meet I am completely at peace because I am ready. No matter what is dealt to me I have a game plan to adjust to. World indoors will be no different. That makes big meets really fun. And we they are fun you tend to do well.

Lifting went great today as I'm feeling my strength quickly return on all lifts. A lot faster than last month. It took all of my willpower to stay off of the bars as I wanted to jump ahead a week and try them out. NOPE! Can't be stupid just because I feel good. But it IS nice to feel strong and fast again. SO hard to feel that way consistently when your vaulting in meets every other week or so. When that time comes again I will feel the benefit of all of the other stuff I'm doing now. Fortunately this little bicep ding has not affected my running as I feel that's where I am really gaining some ground. My rehab rule is always come back stronger and faster in some area than when you left. Work HARD on the things you don't take the time to when you're jumping.

Oh well, tomorrow I'll probably feel like crap so I'll keep a lid on my enthusiasm. Enjoy your Sunday and the Super Bowl! Bubba

PS - Running was 8 X 100m on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment