Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wrapping Up & Getting Ready to Go

I've gotten a couple of emails asking whether I might consider vaulting at Kamloops at the last minute. As tempting as it is I absolutely will not jump no matter how well I feel. Not even taking my shoes, tape or spray or gym bag. As I told Kirk Bentz, that is how I got in this situation; jumping because it felt better. Feeling better and "well" are two very different things as I've learned with this odd little injury.

In fact, I won't jump before Boston nor will I go to Boston unless I feel like I can jump 4m (13' 1 1/2"). I packed my poles for that trip today since I won't be needing them. Smallest 14' 1" (4.30m) pole up to the one I made 4m on in Sydney. I'll pull out the big 14' 7s later in the Spring.

This morning I ran 10 X 50m sled up our little grass hill then got my poles situated. Good hard last gym lift. My last home lift will be Tuesday before I get the plane. Feeling good and strong. Now go on vacation and heal!!

Have a great day. Go USA Hockey!! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment