Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Developments

I found out today that I jump at 3:30 at Kamloops, the same time I jumped in Sydney.
http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18814&sid=c1f4a79035520c13111e52ab52e16cc9&p=137703#p137703
We are the youngest that day so we go last. Most big meets go oldest to youngest in order.

I also got my portable electrical stimulation unit today so I'll try it out tonight and then have Dr. Clouthier give me the refinements in electrode placement and settings.

Today I did a light stretch and will travel tomorrow as well as see the doctor when I return. I'm moving my jump day up to Thursday so I can get two rotations of training in next week. Usually I jump Thursday/Sunday anyway so this will feel more comfortable. The weather is supposed to be clear in the mid 60s and Friday there is a chance of rain but still warmer, so Thursday is the safest bet.

I like to ramp up to a very high training level for the few weeks before a big event and then cut almost everything out for the last 4-5 days. As a result I always feel great at big meets. I did this for the first 10 days after Reno and now I'm scaled back again to try and get some jumps days in. So Thursday I'll jump, run, do three of my four bar exercises, and hit the gym for my hard lift day. There will be six days with no break so I will do each of my three training day components twice. Take a day off, jump my last day, do one last rotation and get ready to hit the plane for Canada two weeks from today. Looking forward to it.

I see the doc Thursday night at 5:15 so I'll feel good or bad. I'm expecting good and then better after I see him. All the best and have a great evening. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment