Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Planning for Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be the most important test so far. It's not about jumping high as my goal is only to jump 11' (3.05m) or 11' 6" (3.51m) on my medium 13' 1" (4m) poles. It's about IS MY ARM BETTER? I think the answer will be yes but it will take me 3 - 6 jumps to find out. If that works then how do I hold up for the rest of the training load and how will it feel 1 - 2 days out? So sometime between tomorrow and Sunday morning I'll have a good idea where I am. If it goes well I'll be in the exact same position the following Thursday when I move up yet another level to my biggest 13' 1" (4m) poles. Again, cautious optimism. If I feel anything at any point tomorrow I will stop because I still have 15 days to get better. If I get through that then I think I'll be a go for the meet. Otherwise it will be a vacation that I will do my best to enjoy. Bubba

PS - A word about weight. I normally try to come in feeling powerful; in the 170-172 lb. (77-78 kg) range but I've been intentionally leaning out in order to get more height out of my smaller poles to protect my arm. I woke up this morning at 167 (76 kg) and it's possible I may come in at that or slightly lower or higher for the meet itself. It would be nice not to have to move to a big pole to jump high. That's the other reason I won't jump on my 14' 1" (4.30m) poles in practice; so they will throw me harder when I get to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment