Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hard Lift - Arm Decent

As an aging athlete you never know until a day or two later how you really held up the day before. I did some more bars today (and a very hard lifting session) and felt my arm a very tiny bit so I stopped. Part of this is stretching that breaks little adhesions from healing. I felt the same thing on my first vault yesterday and then never felt it again. I also felt it on one of my bar reps yesterday. I have four types of high bar/high parallel bar exercises and so far I've been able to do three of the four. Next Friday I'll add in the 4th. I will also jump on my medium 4m (13' 1") poles.

With everything said above I'm within 10 pounds (5 kg) of my normal heavy lifts on my arm exercises so that means the muscle is for the most part healing sound. I could have just waited for Kamloops but if these small efforts allow stretching and break the little adhesions I would rather do that gradually than just rip into it in big poles.

Of course I don't like the fact that I feel anything but on a comparative scale it is so small to anything I felt in my lead up to Reno. On my first vault day, two weeks after Belton (original injury) my first vault lit it up pretty good yet the next Friday was minimal so I"m really trying to stay WAY on the cautious side. I remain cautiously optimistic that I'll be OK. I leave two weeks from Tuesday. Thanks for being here! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment