Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vaulting Friday - Dr.s Orders

Well it appears my body is responding very fast this time around with the help of Dr. Clouthier and my regular training. Today I had low level stim, cold laser and acupuncture. He wants me to jump this Friday as I had originally planned because he thinks I won't feel anything.

"Jumping" is a relative term since I will only be on the equivalent of a 12' 150 and maybe a 12' 6/165. If that works well then I'll move up to my small 4m (13' 1 1/2") poles next Friday and my big ones the Friday before Kamloops. To put this in perspective, when I originally hurt my arm I jumped on the small 4m poles in two weeks, the big ones at three and my small 4.30ms the next week. So I'm starting smaller even though I'm much healthier than I was at the two week point the last time. In addition I have five total weeks to get ready whereas I only had four weeks for Reno and I was much more hurt.

Again, this is cautious optimism as I will stop immediately if I feel anything. Don will also jump with me so that will be fun as well. More soon. Have a great evening! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment