Monday, February 15, 2010

Electrical Stimulation

One of the things Dr. Clouthier has done for my arm that is proving effective is utilizing electrical stimulation. He sets the device in such a way that it is not contracting the muscle but providing a high level "buzz" to it. If it contracts then it's too much power and if I can't feel the buzz then it too is not as effective.

This morning I talked to my partner, Sam Fontenot, a Physical Therapist for 39 years and he told me that we have portable stim units I can take with me at one of our clinics within a physician's office. I'm hoping that between Sam and Dr. Clouthier guidance, that this will supply me with some near around the clock treatments. It's not like I don't have several area where I can use it so I see a big rotation in my future.

Today is a running day as I get a break from lifting or bars on my arm. I MAY lift legs though. I'll make that decision later. More soon. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment