Friday, February 19, 2010

Refreshed

As an athlete you have to take the good with the bad. I did not re-injure my arm yesterday as much as I set back it's healing to the point that it can't take the stress of anything above maybe 12' and that's not good enough to get the top six places. Like Don said, "you risk tearing it up for nothing, so just start the rest clock now and you will have three weeks under your belt by the time you get home". My coach said the same thing.

My rule is to always come back better than you left so I'll be hitting the gym and running hard. Pat Manson (22 years over 18') that he starts each year by spending two months of running 10 X 100 on the grass three days a week. I'm going to do something similar over the next six weeks. BTW - next week will be week 14 of a sprint program concluded.

These new goals excite me and will bring me back mentally and physically stronger than ever. It's not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up, and what you learned along the way. I'm at peace and refreshed that I have learned a lot and that I have a good plan. Thanks so very much for your support. Bubba

PS - during the Olympic coverage I saw someone flame out and they said, "next time". Their "next time" is four years away. Mine is much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment