Friday, February 5, 2010

Back to Running

I had my first running day since Reno and it felt pretty good.
  • 5 X 30m
  • 1 X 30m + 2 X 40m
  • 20m, 30m, 20m
Doesn't sound like a lot but the long warm up makes it feel that way. In any case it felt good to be an athlete again with a hard lift yesterday and a good run today. Tomorrow is another big lift day and I can't wait. THIS feels back to normal.

My pole bag showed up at Kris' from Reno with the cap missing. How the poles stayed in I have no idea so I need to get him a new bag or get a new cap made in the next two weeks before they are shipped to Canada.

In other pole news my two new 14' 7" (4.45m) poles came in giving me three. I'll probably wait until after Worlds to work with them as I am protecting my bicep.

In rehab news, I've been referred to a local DC who they call the "Voodoo Doctor" as he uses a number of techniques to speed healing and to correct muscular imbalances. I should be able to start working with him on a regular basis on Monday. I'm excited to become more proactive in that area. I've dealt with guys like him before in California and they did seem to be miracle workers how they could quickly get to the bottom of nagging issues and turn them around. I was very optimistic that I would be healthy for Kamloops but now I'm excited and certain I will be. I truly believe he will be the missing link to my overall training plan.

That's it for today. Going to watch an All Comers meet at the University of Houston tomorrow. Get this - two attempts and the bar goes up a foot at a time until there are six vaulters left, then it becomes a regular meet. Not very fair to the other 40 which is why I never jump there. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment