Monday, June 14, 2010

Change of Plans

After yesterday's post Kris sent me an email and said that if I'm going off the proper timing then there will be no cranking or jerking that would injure my right arm on one hand jumps. He encouraged me to go down to a very low grip and work the timing to swinging to vertical rather than trying it from a high grip. I will do this starting Thursday morning.

The odd thing about where I am right now is that I am 11 days since my left forearm injection yet I have pledged a very slow ram up because it can re-tweak so easily - hence the one hand take offs. My plan will give me eight full weeks of not jumping with two hands so you can see I have a very LONG time to just train with no real fun. It will be worth it to have no injuries or dings. Like Don told me, "bone heals in 8-10 weeks so if you let some little muscle thing keep you out 6-8 you're stupid". And I have been.

My "breaks" are when I go to Gettysburg on July 10, so what is that, three weeks? Two weeks after that I go to Alaska for a week on our cruise, so that after I return from there I'm jumping. I will start lifting basic upper again on Thursday (after two weeks off) and two weeks later I will add bars and other upper lifts. SUCKS but necessary. Of course if you told me that I could grip 11' 5" (3.50m) with one hand from a 12' (3.65m) 2 step run and make a pole bend, I'd say you're crazy. So obviously my other training is working. Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment