Thursday, June 3, 2010

Got the Forearm Shot

I texted Dr. Martin this morning and asked him if he would consider shooting my forearm tendon. It's been nearly seven weeks and it's really not measurably better. I was doing upright rows on Monday and I started feeling it again near the end of a set of 8. The problem is tendinitis because I have no strength deficit. Today I lifted 31,107 pounds and did 47 repetitions (4 exercises) of ankle weighted bar exercises with zero pain or issue. That's just STUPID that I can't vault. So first he shot me with a little lidocaine to see if he hit the spot. When that worked he nailed me with cortisone.

The plan is to hit running and cardio for the next two weeks HARD with no upper body lifting or bars. Then I will spend two weeks going back to lifting but no upright rows, lateral flys, etc. At that point I am at July 1 and will ease the other stuff back in for two weeks, go on vacation and come home to start jumping. The doc thinks I'll be totally well in two weeks but I'm not risking starting the clock over or needing another injection.

I read a quote today by the famous miler from the '60s, John Landy saying that, "people don't realize what goes into the grind of daily training year after year for years on end", and "though I feel I can do it another 10 years, it probably is not worth it". His PR at the time was 4:02. The next year he had the world record at 3:57. That's how I feel. It makes no sense to anyone else but every day I load up another running day into the bank, I KNOW I WILL get a return. HELL YES I want to vault but I'll keep paying my dues and SOME day, the rewards will come. It's not how many times you get knocked down but how many times you get back up. Have a great day and thanks for the support! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment