Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunburn

My orthopedic surgeon in California once told me that most injuries could be prevented if we would treat our body's response to new activities like we treat sunburn - let the pain go away and gradually reintroduce the activity while avoiding further "sunburn".

I didn't run or jump today because I over did it on Thursday so I had "sunburn". I'm sure I could have but I was even feeling that jammed hip thing that gave me so much pain a month ago. So I just hit the gym and doubled up on the stretching. The last day I tried to jump when I felt like this I turned something small into something big. So I guess I've learned from my errors; at least this time. Have a great Father's Day! Bubba

PS - I did do 1X5 of two of my four bar exercies with no problem with my forearm.

No comments:

Post a Comment