Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Running

Yesterday was my scheduled run day this week but forgot the keys to the gate and shed at the high school so I just lifted legs at the gym. Today I made up the running which continues to feel remarkably good. Gotta watch the take off foot as I start adding some easy jumping on top of the running. Shouldn't be an issue but it was a little sore from Sunday's jump session. So again, forgetting my keys yesterday is another example of circumstances working out to protect me from me.

On Thursday I'll do what Kris suggested and start trying to complete one hand take offs and swing ups with a low grip. I'm kind of working through it in my mind what Kris wants me to do. I've done this before but it was very explosive. Kris says if I do it correctly that nothing will be forced and that's why he wants me to revisit this now. I'm sure it's one of those things that will work itself out over a few sessions and I will gain some new insights into a smoother take off and hopefully avoid some of these impact injuries to my upper body. It will still be explosive and there will still be HUGE impact but hopefully in a more efficient manner.

Looking forward to the learning process. BTW - THIS is why you need a coach. I felt my mission was accomplished with a high grip and bending pole from a very short run yet Kris feels that was only "Part 1" of what my goal should be. I would have been off to something else instead of fixing something that is obviously hurting me. I would not have known that this was an issue had Kris not identified it. If you have a coach, listen to him/her.

Have a great day and thanks for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment