Monday, June 7, 2010

We're Back

I've tried about three times today to post here but Blogger has been down. It's going to be a strange week as we go to Cleveland Friday to bury June's ashes and my dad is closing the sale of the house he and my mom lived in on Friday also. Lot of juggling going around, not to mention emotions.

I did my running and leg lifting this morning and felt spectacular. I've been grinding so long that the break between Tuesday and my shot on Thursday gave me a chance to see how I feel when I'm fresh. Not bad.

It was very hard not to lift the upper body exercises that don't bother me but I'm supposed to leave them out for two weeks. Sure enough my forearm felt a little stiff today after lifting a few 45 lb. plates for my leg lifts. I'll leave it alone.

As if I need a few more distractions this week, my CD drive went down in my computer. Normally not a problem since I download everything but we had a nice DVD made with photos of June and family to play at the luncheon after the service. So I have the joy of setting up a new computer before we leave Friday since I also live and work on my computer. Oil well as they say in Texas.

Finally, Nancy and I have been playing a little what if game about where else we may want to live after my dad dies. We're looking into the NW Florida coast. We're figuring we could get some deals there after the oil gets cleaned up. I loved living at the beach in Southern California for 24 years so that is an option. I have some business obligations with local partners plus I'd like to see Kara get through high school first too so there's no rush. But research has begun. Nancy has a great pension and I can do what I do from anywhere.

Have a great day! Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment