Friday, June 25, 2010

The Eyes Have It - Or Not

I went in with Nancy today as she got her Lasik surgery. I was further tested to see if I was a candidate for a new type of surgery for people who only need to read. It's a new technology so if I qualified for the FDA test it would be free. I did not as both eyes were too good at a distance to justify screwing one up. I'm 20/20 in my right and 20/25 in my left so I'm out. There currently is no surgery for reading only.

My training partner and lifelong friend, Don Curry, officially became my training partner again today as he retired from the Houston Police Department as a Lieutenant after 30+ years. We've been a lot of hit and miss but now we will do a whole lot more sessions of all kinds together. With the National Senior Games in Houston we want to make a good showing. We will be in different age groups next year but in 2007 at Louisville we were gold and silver. He beat me on a big jump at 12' 6". Had he not made that I would have won and he would have gotten 4th so that was quite the clutch vault. I'm happy to take 2nd to that type of performance any day.

Nothing really new other than enjoying the grind of feeling like I am back in training. I'll probably go ahead and do a little jumping with Don on Monday but we'll see how it feels. Have a great weekend and thanks for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment