Monday, June 21, 2010

Full Training - Almost

I'm feeling nothing in the forearm so I'm slowly introducing some stuff I was going to hold off another two weeks on. That hip/back thing is still a little sore but I got another good stretch in during this morning's lift.

After emailing back and forth with Dean "The Machine" Gregory, I've adjusted some lifting. Dean lives in Washington state but we used to be roommates and training partners in Southern California. For the better part of two years we lifted together six days a week. It was very intense and very productive so I'm very appreciative of his input. Besides being a certified genius, he has a real feel for adjustments and periodization. In fact, when Nancy and I go to Seattle to catch our ship for Alaska we will have lunch with Dean and his wife, Deb.

Tomorrow and Wednesday will be the annual pole vault clinic at The Woodlands High School. My coach, Kris Allison, will run it and TWHS coach Robbie Dueitt will assist. Famed author and coach from Australia, Alan Launder, was supposed to be here but his health has kept him home in Australia. He will of course be missed. I last saw him in Sydney when he coached me the day I won the World Masters Games. Should be a fun few days.

Hope you have a great week. Thanks for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment