Thursday, June 24, 2010

Let Chapter 58 Begin

Today is my 57th birthday so clearly I have big plans for the 58th chapter of my life. The National Senior Games will come at this time next year in Houston between June 16-30. Then the World Masters Athletics Championships will be in Sacramento between July 6-17. Finally there will be USA Track & Field Outdoor Nationals in Cleveland, Ohio, Nancy's hometown. I figure it will take me this entire year to be ready for these three challenges.

History lets you know this is amazing that these events will be near home. The last three National Seniors Games were at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California in 2009, Louisville, Kentucky in 2007 and Pittsburgh in 2005. So to be in Houston is huge.

World Masters Championships are a bigger spread. I jumped at them in 1995 in Buffalo, NY, the last time it was in the US, and got 3rd in South Africa in 1997. The last two times have been at Lahti, Finland and the time before that at Riccionne, Italy. So Sacramento sounds pretty good.

I've got a lot of work to do and even if that goes well and I show up healthy there are no guarantees. I wouldn't have it any other way. Have a great day and thanks for your support! Bubba

PS - In 2013 World Masters are in Brazil and then three weeks later the World Masters Games/Olympics (what I won in Sydney) will be in Torino, Italy. These are huge because I just turn 60 a couple of weeks before to be the youngest in my group. I'm already inquiring about how do I get my poles to Brazil and then straight to Italy in three weeks.

Another PS - the new Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment