Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day of Caution

I went out to run this morning and was met by my lifelong friend and training partner, Don Curry.  Don was going to do some low level jumping for the first time since being sidelined with a foot issue that is now well.  After my sleds and sprint drills I was feeling pretty good and came really close to picking up a pole and taking a few easy jumps myself.  The problem is that I know that even though I probably would not get hurt it was still not a good idea.  I need to be able to jump with rhythm and without a lot of caution.  Ironically, being cautious today will keep me from having to do so as much next Saturday when I start vaulting again.

Even though my groin felt even better than Tuesday, my body overall was a little beaten down as it always is before I go out of town.  I try to ramp up slowly to the point that I don't think my body could tolerate one more training day and THEN leave a few days. 

I'm feeling really good about where I am right now but I have to remain smart and dsiciplined.  Tomorrow will be the easiest day to skip. I have breakfast with my dad at 7:45, hit the gym around 9 and then have a business call at 11.  If I'm 15 minutes late I can talk myself out of training but since I will miss Monday - Wednesday anyway I really MUST make tomorrow count.  Of course I will report back my success or miserable wuss out failure tomorrow.  Enjoy your Saturday and thanks for being here.  Bubba

Today's kick my ass in gear when I wanted to quit song was, "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17HRV8k1YMw&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment