Sunday, November 13, 2011

Smacked It Good - Got Over 20 million lbs. Lifted!!

My plan to cautiously attack and smack my weaknesses went better than expected.  Though I was fatigued from yesterday, my groin was a non-factor.  I even forced it by doing deep squats and lunges.  The issue I felt was a lower ab / internal muscles that snap to alert when you haven't sprinted or had quick turnover in awhile.  I felt it some today but easily worked through it.  Possibly it could also be caused by over doing my lower abs on bars.  I have been doing the same exercises four days a week so I think I will split them up to avoid becoming a problem.  I got over 20  illion lbs. lifted since I started on 1/1/2005.  "If it is worth doing it is worth recording" - Sergey Bubka.

Lifting today I went right in and did squats and lunges to assess the groin issue. Felt nothing except that little soreness in the lower abs which goes away in a few days after your first sprinting. I also lifted half of tomorrow's lift since I will be traveling.  Today rather than do sprint drills with ankle weights in between my 50m hill/sleds I just ran 10 X 50m hill/sleds with a walk back.  I'm out of shape and breath.  Good to know.  I'll ONLY do the 10 X 50m hills / sleds every other day until I get into shape.

Today is the meet outside of Austin that I skipped.  Gary went and I'm sure the conditions will be good again.  Right now I'm pretty sure that next Saturday I will be able to have a regular vault day and be able to go to the meets on 11/26 and 12/10.  When I woke up this morning I was pretty sure I would miss both of these meets.  So what has changed?  NOTHING! I will keep going directly after my weaknesses and not allow myself to pamper and rest my way out of shape.  Have a great Sunday and thanks for being here!  Bubba

PS - Our training for progress without injury IS a tightrope.  Tribute to SRV - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNuXO60G33w

No comments:

Post a Comment