Monday, November 28, 2011

If You Want ....

The hardest training days to me are those where you get back into the gym after you have backed off for a competition, and you're hit square between the eyes with your two biggest and hardest days.  For me that was yesterday and today.  As much as I HATE that, I LOVE that!  It forces me to re-engage in a process that I know works so well.  It is also what separates the great from the best.  At the highest levels everyone works hard and smart, so it comes down to consistent mental strength and focus. 

Today was one of those days and I thoroughly enjoyed how much it SUCKED!!  I'm a little stronger in body, mind and spirit because of it.  The song that got me through the worst of today's training was appropriately AC/DC's, "If You Want Blood, You've Got It" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPw4f1oN7g&ob=av2n.  Have a great day!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment