Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Jury is Out on My Leg

Can't tell from this morning's lifting if I flared my groin yesterday or not, but I should know pretty quickly when I go to do my running / hill / sleds / sprint drills this afternoon.

Lifting went good. I've found that I need to substitute types of squats and lunges depending on what equipment or racks are available. I got in early this morning to use the Smith machine and some meathead was loitering there. You know the type - yells with every lift, big weights for a 3" range of motion, constantly drinking energy drinks and takes five minutes between lifts. Totally useless type of training. Fortunately there are very few of these at our gym. Mostly nice and normal people. The point is there better be a Plan B when these idiots are camping on equipment.

Felt really good and strong again. I feel like I’m gaining some momentum finally. Got nine weeks to Reno so it’s important to keep grinding away while minimizing the risk of injury. Starting to feel optimistic that I will be ready.

Got a Facebook message from my friend, Paul Snyder in Maine, asking if I want to do a pole vault clinic with him this summer. Paul is a great guy and does a lot for the kids in his area. I love going to Maine too so I’ll see what I can do.
Have a great Sunday and thanks for being here. Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment