Sunday, November 27, 2011

Odds & Ends

I needed to dump the poles this morning so I was in the SUV rather than the car; hence I arrive at the gym with nothing I needed.  No music, no wrist straps, no gloves, belt, no brain.  That said, I knew the fastest measure of whether I got hurt yesterday, or was it another step forward, would be revealed during squats and lunges.  Did those with no big issues as well as a few bar sets.  I'll do some easy sprint drills / sleds this afternoon to loosen up but Tuesday's vault session will tell me if I am in fact "well".  My guess is that I am very close to being 100%.

Poles - I have three bags of poles so I mix and match which ones I think I need for meets and practices.  For this meet I had a tiny, a medium and my biggest 13' 1" (4m) poles in my bag.  I also had 3 X 14' 1" (4.30m) poles of which I used one.  I also had my smallest 14' 7" (4.45m) just in case.  Today I pulled out the 4m poles and added two 14' 7"s for the next meet.  It was 46 degrees this morning and windy so I have four bags opened including Don's and I am adjusting poles for future practices and meets as well as putting other poles back in the bags they belong in.  I HATE the cold, even though most don't consider 46 to be cold.  ;-)

I hope to jump Tuesday / Saturday this week with regular training around that.  I go to LA a week from Monday and then have my last Texas meet that Saturday.  So today's song is Pantera's, "Cowboys From Hell" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97OkCXwotE&ob=av2e  Another rocking song that keeps me going when my mind and body are trying to make me stop.  Have a great Sunday and thanks for the support!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment