Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More Running - OR ELSE!!!

If you have speed and power on the runway you can vault.  Every time I go to big meets the fastest guys are the best; that simple.  So in my caution with my lingering leg ding, I'm going to just blast the heck out of my running, lifting and bars.  I have 8.5 weeks to Reno.  At four days per week of running and sprint drills over 50m hill / sleds I WILL get faster and stronger on the runway.  I will add big pole plant and take off drills this Saturday on two of the days. 

So here's the plan - Train my butt off until I have a full week of training at 90%+ effort without feeling anything in my leg.  I don't care if that takes 2, 4, 6 weeks before that happens, I won't vault until then.  I just can't keep messing around with this.  If my first day to jump is Reno I'm fine with that.  The only given is that I will go to Reno healthy and on my regular 14' 7" (4.45m) meet poles.

As much as this sucks, it's just another brick in the wall of adding to my training base.  Rule #1 of rehab is to come back a better athlete than when you got hurt.  Eight weeks should be enough to set me up for a great year.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Tom Petty's, "Running Down a Dream" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D3a5eDJIs  I WILL be running, and dreaming.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment