Saturday, November 26, 2011

Success? Kind Of!?

Click to enlarge

Warm up at Kris' meet went good.  I decided to start from 4 steps as planned rather than jack my leg awake and that seemed to work.  My pit started at 4' (1.2m?) with about 20 jumpers and I started at 9' 6" (2.90m) from 22' to avoid having to wait for the next group starting higher.  I felt good during warm up but as I sat around my leg it started getting stiff and sore. 

On my run through I felt it and almost stopped.  Jumped 9' 6" and 10' (3.05m) as planned from 4 steps.  Passed 10' 6" (3.20m) and went back to 6 steps (33') for 11' (3.35m).  I felt my leg a little more but decided to try another jump.  It's hard to explain because I felt it but I didn't think I was in imminent danger of dinging it so I cautiously creeped forward hoping for the best.  So far I have made all jumps on my first attempt. 

At 11' 6" (3.51m) I moved to eight steps (43') and up to my biggest 4m pole and made it easy, though feeling my leg a little more.  At a crossroads I decided to move up to my first 14' 1" (4.30m) pole for 12' (3.66m) and roll the dice on my leg.  Though the pole was way too small I made 12' easy and stopped.  For 12' 6" I would have had to go to spikes and up to a bigger pole and I just didn't think it was worth the risk.  The good news is that ALL poles felt tiny today so my training is paying off.

The meet was "Age Graded" so I won with an age adjusted jump of 17' 2".  I truly think I will be able to lift my legs off tomorrow and jump Tuesday in practice.  If I can then I'm well and what I felt today was merely stretching out a muscle that hasn't been used that way in awhile.  Coincidentally, the pole I ended on today was the one I hurt it on several weeks ago.  Hoping for the best but should have an idea in the gym tomorrow.  Thanks for being here and have a great night!  Bubba

Issac Hayes sings about "Two Cool Guys", Beavis and Butthead -   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKnSXTI2Yk

Tomorrow's defiance of failure song for workout is White Zombie, "More Human Than Human" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0E0ynyIUsg&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment