Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Well?!

I went out to do my running and planned on jumping but I was too tender in the upper area behind my right leg to risk it.  When I originally felt a twinge it was where it is today. When I went out to jump next it felt inside like a traditional groin injury.  Now the groin part is totally gone but the back of the upper leg is back.  WTF?!  I'll try again to jump on Saturday but if I can't do it safely I'm prepared to not touch a pole until Reno on January 20.  I MUST get this well.  It's such a small thing I can easily jump 12' (3.66m) but certainly not 13'' (3.97m)+.

My running system is going better than ever right now so if I add big pole drills to it I think I can actually be better by Reno without jumping.  Of course that isn't optimum but I MUST be well for Reno and I'm running out of time for further setbacks. 

Now I run 10 X hill/sleds on my vault day - 6 before and 4 after. The next day I do hill / sleds between my sprint drills with ankle weights.  I'm getting four very quality running days in which is why I'm blowing through every pole I touch when I can jump.  I'm heavier by about 4-5 lbs (2 kg) but I'm not fat so I guess that is from the extra lifting.

Long story short, I have a minimal ding that I need to get well.  In the interim I will keep blasting my body as I only have seven weeks until Reno.  I can make a ton of progress in seven weeks but it won't matter if I keep irritating something that should already be well. Until then I will just keep Taking Care of Business - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCIUf8eYPqA   Thanks for your support and have a great day!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment