Saturday, November 19, 2011

Much Better But Not Quite Well

I went out to vault this morning and on my very first two step take off I knew I was going to have to watch myself.  Nothing grabbed or twinged but I felt like I was working against something that was still healing.  At four steps I almost stopped after my first take off but tried again.  Made 10' (3.05m), 10' 6" (3.20m) and 11' (3.35m) all on first jumps from 22' (6.4m).  Took a big risk and moved to six steps - 33' (10m) and made 12' (3.66m) on the first jump and stopped.  I don't think I hurt it again but if not, I got it right to the edge of its weakness.  I will find out when I lift and run sleds again tomorrow but I "think" I'm OK.

So I'm pleased unless the last jump turns out to be a ding again.  I really doubt it but I will remain cautious.  I will not jump at Kris' meet next Saturday for that reason - finally making progress so don't risk it.

Physically I'm in a good place and the type and amount of bars I have been doing has really cleaned up my swing to vertical.  I'm very pleased with everything for where I am right now; as long as I still feel healthy tomorrow.  If not, then I am, AGAIN, the ultimate DUMBASS!!  Have a great day!  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment