Thursday, November 3, 2011

Moving On

YEP - Many times it feels like this ...
My body is turning the corner so the gym now becomes a challenge rather than merely surviving.  I pick my strategic spots to step up and I can feel the momentum building.  That showing up every day thing really works.  I remember my first strength test when I started back in 2005 I was a quivering mess as I bench pressed 95 lb. (44 kg).  Depending on the day I can do 2-4 X 225 lbs. (102 kg).  I noticed on my spreadsheet this morning that I am at 19,915,997 lbs. lifted since January 1, 2005.  AMAZING that sometime next week or the next I will cross over 20 million pounds lifted.

I keep showing up and don't take an off season because it is too dang hard to start over AND make up what I lost.  It's easier to just drop the weights way down and do the work and let the spirit move you when it's time to raise the weights.  I also need it daily for my stress management.  Whatever gets you out there, get out there.  Have a great day and thanks for being here.  Bubba

No comments:

Post a Comment